Planning your journey and assistance when traveling by train.
You wish to travel with the Luxembourgish railways? Please contact us for a helping hand.
Most of the services offered to MPR, are also accessible to people traveling with luggage, baby carriage, bicycles and sport equipment.
Concerning our buses and trains, we are focused to replace them with low-floor equipment, access ramps and toilets suitable for those with limited mobility.
Our trains stations are currently under rework for a more inclusive journey experience in the years to come.
For further information about our network’s accessibility visit the EUREWELCOME.lu website and use the EureWelcome app.
Your personal data is collected and processed by the CFL to process your request, under the conditions mentioned in our information notice.
For international journeys, we advise to informed us about your trip in order to guaranty assistance during the complete journey.
For international journeys without mandatory seat booking : we recommend to identify yourself as PRM (person with reduced mobility) as you are eligible for specific services.
We wish to offer all our clients with the same quality of service, thus we align offer according to your needs. We recommend you to inform us in advance about your trip, for the following reasons :
- We are currently renewing our train fleet, which means the oldest ones are not equipped to welcome wheelchairs. Once informed, we can take the necessary steps to help you travel in the most comfortable way. a change of platform, for instance, to insure access or the preparation of an alternative offer.
- Most stations were built when the ease of access for everybody was not a priority. We are modernizing our facilities in this direction, however works are performed station after station. Therefore we cannot yet guaranty access to each one of our facilities. When we are informed, we can share details about the current level of accessibility of your facilities and advise on the best way to commute.
- With an exponential increase of clients within the last years, we are working on maintaining and improving the quality of our infrastructure and of our service. This implies regular maintenance and constructions works leading to traffic stop, and sometime to block access to our facilities. During construction we might have to stop train traffic and replace them by buses. In such cases, we cannot ensure transport of PRM, however by informing us in advance, we can organize alternative transportation.
- Indeed organizing alternative transportation requires a bit of time : we need to know where you are, where you wish to go to and what type of support you need.
- 1 hour minimum beforehand for a national journey.
- 48 hours minimum beforehand for an international journey.
- By phone : +352 4990 3737
- By mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax: +352 4990 3489
- At our ticket offices
Station service staff and station manager are there to give you a hand through the train station and to your train.
- Belval-Lycée : 2 SOS-boxes (platform)
- Belval-Université: 2 SOS-boxes (platform), 2 SOS-boxes (P&R)
- Cents-Hamm: 1 SOS-box
- Dommeldange: 1 SOS-box
- Howald: 2 SOS-boxes (platform)
- Lamadelaine: 2 SOS-boxes (platform)
- Leudelange: 2 SOS-boxes (platform)
- Luxembourg: 1 SOS-box
- Mamer-Lycée: 2 SOS-boxes (platform)
- Noertzange: 2 SOS-boxes (platform)
- Pétange: 2 SOS-boxes (platform)
- Pfaffenthal-Kirchberg: 9 SOS-boxes
- Sandweiler-Contern: 2 SOS-boxes (platform)
- Schouweiler: 2 SOS-boxes (platform)
The following stations are labeled :
There is currently one tactile map located in Belval train station.
At all time, the CFL staff on the platform will answer all your question.
- On the platforms, digital screens inform you about train arrival and departure in real time.
On mobile equipment, the app “CFL mobile” provides information in real time. Moreover, configuring alarms for one or more trains or for a specific travel period, will push notifications on your smartphone to inform you about perturbations.
During modernization, maintenance or extensions works, signs on the platform and inside the stations will inform about construction periods, alternative transportations and bus schedules.
At any time, the CFL staff on the platform will answer all your question.
Calendars providing all details (period, section, alternative transportation) are available :
On the CFL website : www.cfl.lu
Or on the Mobilitéit website : www.mobiliteit.lu
Through the CFL hotline : 2489-2489
At the CFL and Mobiltéitszentral counters
At the InfoPoint, located in Luxembourg train station
By asking the CFL staff in the station