CFL Trail 3 Clervaux - Drauffelt
© CFL Grand Rue Clervaux
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
Escapardenne Eislek Trail
After leaving the station situated a short distance north of the abbey town, hikers start by crossing Clervaux, along the banks of the Clerve river. Visiting a tourist attraction or two in the city is certainly worthwhile. Leaving Clervaux behind and heading towards Reuler, the trail then follows the wooded heights of the winding valley of the Irbich brook.
Passing through the typical landscapes of the Naturpark Our nature reserve, the trail essentially uses national and international rambling routes such as the ESCAPARDENNE ÉISLEK TRAIL, a 106-km, cross-border Ardennes trail ranking among the Leading Quality Trails – Best of Europe. The two tough climbs on this CFL trail are characteristic of hikes in the Oesling.
This hike may be extended by CFL trail 4, Drauffelt - Kautenbach (16.2 km). Those who wish to walk back to
Clervaux may do so via CFL trail 2, Clervaux – Munshausen – Drauffelt (8.4 km), in the opposite direction.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.