CFL Trail 29 Niederkorn - Rodange
© CFL Giele Botter
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
The trail starts with a climb to the heights to the west of Differdange. The route uses part of the sentier des Mineurs, a national rambling route winding its way through old iron ore quarries, such as the Giele Botter nature reserve with its special biotopes.
The site itself is part of the Prënzebierg nature reserve, to which this hike also leads. After passing through residential areas belonging to Lamadelaine, the trail ends at Rodange station. There is a 1.8 km shortcut, marked CFL 29a, from Prënzebierg to Pétange station. The total length of thehike to Pétange is 8.8 km.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.