CFL Trail 25 Kayl - Esch/Alzette
© CFL Alentours de Schifflange
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
This is a challenging hike with some steep climbs, but the effort is worthwhile since this trail is one of the most varied and interesting of this selection. The trail passes through re-cultivated former open-cast mining sites and nature reserves with impressive biodiversity.
Information panels are placedat many points along the route. Splendid views of typical Minett landscapes are alternated with shaded wooded areas. Sensible footwear is recommended.
After 6.4 km, the signposted CFL 25a trail forks off to Schifflange station (2.1 km), giving the possibility to split this hike into two sections: Kayl – Schifflange (8.5 km) and Schifflange – Esch-sur-Alzette (16.7 km). Few trains stop at Kayl station.
The bus is an alternative, but hikers are advised to check the timetables while planning their trip.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.