CFL Trail 24 Belvaux-Soleuvre - Belval-Université
© CFL Belval Plaza
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
This is a short but incredibly varied hike.
At first, the trail leads up through a forest, following the Pakebierg educational nature trail then makes a pleasant descent through Belvaux to reach a new residential area at the Waassertrap ("Water stairs”). Finally, the trail crosses the modern campus of the Université du Luxembourg where many of the historic monuments of the former steel industry in Esch-sur-Alzette can be discovered.
A covered pedestrian passageway leads from a shopping centre to the futuristic Belval-Université station.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.