CFL Trail 23 Rumelange - Kayl
© CFL Léifreschen - Kayl
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
Hikers leave Rumelange through a former mining area. Climbing steadily, the route touches the French border. Then it continues in a wide loop through a large wooded area. Passing several points of interest, it finally leads downhill to Kayl station.
Those who wish to end their hike earlier can cut it short at Bromeschbierg hill via the 900-m-long trail CFL 23a which descends to Tétange station. This reduces the distance of the trail to 10.6 km. Few trains stop at Kayl, Tétange and Rumelange stations.
The bus is an alternative, but hikers are advised to check the timetables while planning their trip.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.