CFL Trail 20 Luxembourg - Bettembourg
© CFL Lëtzebuerg Gronn
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
The longest trail of this selection is reserved for seasoned hikers. Except for an early shortcut at the city limits towards Cents-Hamm station and the shortcut to Noertzange station (CFL 20a), reducing the distance by only 1.2 km, the route cannot be cut short.
This hike is a beautiful oneday trip, passing through the Kockelscheuer recreational area and leading to the start of the Minett region in the country’s south. The trail mainly follows the Sentier de l’Alzette, a national rambling route.
The Alzette river is a link between the Grand Duchy’s biggest cities. Nature lovers will appreciate the varied landscapes of the river meanders.
Hikers are reminded to take plenty of food and drink with them on this trail.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.