CFL Trail 19 Dommeldange - Luxembourg
© CFL Dommeldange
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
This is a pleasant walk through the suburbs of Luxembourg city, mainly along the river banks of the Alzette river.
From Dommeldange, crossing Eich and Pfaffenthal, to the Alzette bridge in the picturesque suburb Grund, the route follows the national cycling route PC1, Piste cyclable du Centre. From Grund, the route continues over the city’s pavements up to the Gare district, offering a nice view of some of the upper town ramparts.
The trail is also suitable for prams, bicycles and similar. Those who find the paved way up the Montée de la Pétrusse too steep may take the elevator from Grund up to the Cité judiciaire.
After crossing the Viaduc (or Passerelle) bridge, the trail can be picked up again.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.