CFL Trail 12 Ettelbruck - Colmar-Berg
© CFL Ettelbruck - Pont sur l'Alzette
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
This is a nice stroll, mostly through vast forests.
The route is identical to the southern loop of the ADRIEN RIES trail, a national rambling route bearing the name of the Luxembourgish lawyer, economic expert and writer. This keen hiker is the author of many tourism publications.
Berg, part of the municipality of Colmar-Berg, is home to the castle of the same name and residence of the Grand Ducal family. Berg Castle cannot be visited.
To extend this hike by about 2 km, hikers can take the ADRIEN RIES trail right after crossing the Alzette river in Colmar-Berg heading north. Schieren railway station is then reached by following the green and blue Nordstad signs.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.