CFL Trail 1 Troisvierges - Clervaux
© CFL Château de Clervaux
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
Escapardenne Eislek Trail
This hike through the Ardennes starts at the northernmost railway station in the GrandDuchy. It follows the course of the Wiltz river most of the way and is part of the ESCAPARDENNE ÉISLEK TRAIL, a 106-km, cross-border Ardennes trail ranking among the Leading Quality Trails – Best of Europe.
On this trail, hikers encounter many testimonies of the WW2 Battle of the Bulge. Some 2.5 km before reaching Clervaux, the trail crosses the Wiltz by an elegant pedestrian walkway passing under the arch of a railroad bridge.
This hike can be extended by CFL trails 2, Clervaux – Munshausen – Drauffelt (8.4 km), or 3, Clervaux – Drauffelt (6.7 km).
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.