CFL Tour N Pétange - Kleinbettingen - Noerdange - Colmar-Berg
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
PC8 + PC12 + PC15
Leave the station at the main building or by the underpass at this side. In front of the station, the tour starts in a narrow street called “Schwaarze Wee” on the national cycling path PC8 Piste cyclable de la Terre rouge in direction of Linger.
At the main road, it is advised to use the pedestrian crossing to reach the former railway embankment on the opposite side of the road.
In Linger, you’ll start with the PC12 Piste cyclable de l'Attert, which leads over its full lenght to Colmar-Berg.
This cycle path runs alongside the Belgian border and follows the small Attert river flowing from Belgium into Luxembourg on its last third. At the end of this tour at Colmar-Berg, the Attert joins the Alzette river.
Most of the time, the itinerary follows the tracks of the old railroad Prinz-Heinrich-Bahn (or Atertlinn), through the rural countryside in the western regions of the Grand Duchy.
Shortly after Eischen, cyclists take the Hovelange tunnel. The picturesque village of Useldange calls for a visit to its medieval castle. After a short but steep climb in Boevange, cyclists arrive in Berg, which is part of Colmar-Berg. Unfortunately, the grand-ducal residence, Château de Berg, cannot be visited.
Our practical advices for your cycling adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Bicycle tours are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Maps of the Luxembourg cycling network, that have been produced by ProVelo.lu, are available in CFL sales centers. Get one of them so you can always find the right way.
- Make sure your bike is in good condition and meets legal requirements before departure.
- Always wear a cycling helmet that fits your head and ensure that the neckband is resealed. Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Anticipative and cautious driving greatly reduces the risk of an accident.
Your train journeys
- Before boarding, check the timetable and stay tuned about works on the railway network and rail replacement services on cfl.lu and the CFL mobile app.
- Board the train at the intended location and put your bike in the provided space.
Find more information here or on provelo.lu.