CFL Tour L Luxembourg - Remich - Wasserbillig
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
In front of the station, take the cycle path to the city center, via the Avenue de la Gare. After crossing the bridge, cross the street at the traffic lights, just above the parking St. Esprit. Then turn right towards an octagonal tower.
At the back end of the adjacent courtyard of the judicial court, take the elevator to the quarter “Grund”. At the exit of the elevator, ride straight to cross the bridge over the Alzette, and turn right into the national cycle path PC1 Piste cyclable du Centre.
In direction of Hesperange, this cycling tour, through the idyllic Alzette river valley, offers a pleasant change, compared to urban Luxembourg-City.
In Hesperange, you ride through the municipal park and after the camping, leave the cycle path PC1 by turning left to join the main road and cross it in direction of Syren.
From here, you follow the VeloRoute SaarLorLux itinerary, passing by Hassel, Filsdorf and Ellange to Ellange-Gare (partly on country roads; avoid rush hours).
If you ride without a GPS navigation, the LBC-maps are useful, due to an incomplete signposting from Hesperange to Hassel. From Hassel to Ellange the itinerary is signposted by road markings.
At Ellange, take to the left opposite to the church into the rue du Cimetière in direction of Ellange-Gare. Cyclists then follow the PC7 Piste cyclable Jangeli on the winding track of the former narrow-gauge railway “Jangeli” until reaching Remich on the Moselle shore.
In order to get to Wasserbillig, the final destination of this trip, the PC3 Piste cyclable des Trois Rivières takes cyclists downstream along the Moselle river with its winemakers' villages and vineyards.
At the Moselle border, the station can easily be reached by an underground passage, which avoids the main road.
Our practical advices for your cycling adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Bicycle tours are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Maps of the Luxembourg cycling network, that have been produced by ProVelo.lu, are available in CFL sales centers. Get one of them so you can always find the right way.
- Make sure your bike is in good condition and meets legal requirements before departure.
- Always wear a cycling helmet that fits your head and ensure that the neckband is resealed. Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Anticipative and cautious driving greatly reduces the risk of an accident.
Your train journeys
- Before boarding, check the timetable and stay tuned about works on the railway network and rail replacement services on cfl.lu and the CFL mobile app.
- Board the train at the intended location and put your bike in the provided space.
Find more information here or on provelo.lu.