CFL Tour K Luxembourg - Betzdorf - Wasserbillig
© Provelo – Bosseler
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
PC2 + PC3 + PC4
You leave the station by funicular through the Kirchberg exit and take to the left. On the national cycle path PC2 Piste cyclable d'Echternach you first cross the Kirchberg plateau, the european district of Luxembourg, characterised by its contemporary architecture.
After the third tram stop « Parlement Européen » that you pass by, turn to the left into rue Erasme, to follow PC2. After the downhill from Senningerberg, the variant PC2 to the right side “via village de Hostert” is recommended.
Then, follow an ancient Roman road (Kiem) and the former narrow-gauge railroad track of the “Charly” line towards Ernster. There you turn right to PC4 Piste cyclable de la Syre in the direction of Olingen and Betzdorf.
From Wecker onwards, the tour turns increasingly hilly which is, however, rewarded with some very nice panoramic views, before continuing down to Mertert, into the Moselle valley. In Mertert, the itinerary joins the PC3 Piste cyclable des Trois Rivières and follows the Moselle river banks to Wasserbillig.
At the Moselle border, the station can easily be reached by an underpass. In this way the main road can be avoided.
Our practical advices for your cycling adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Bicycle tours are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Maps of the Luxembourg cycling network, that have been produced by ProVelo.lu, are available in CFL sales centers. Get one of them so you can always find the right way.
- Make sure your bike is in good condition and meets legal requirements before departure.
- Always wear a cycling helmet that fits your head and ensure that the neckband is resealed. Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Anticipative and cautious driving greatly reduces the risk of an accident.
Your train journeys
- Before boarding, check the timetable and stay tuned about works on the railway network and rail replacement services on cfl.lu and the CFL mobile app.
- Board the train at the intended location and put your bike in the provided space.
Find more information here or on provelo.lu.