CFL Tour J Luxembourg - Echternach - Wasserbillig
© Provelo – Bosseler
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
PC2 + PC3
You leave the station with the funicular, up toKirchberg and take to the left. On the national cycle path PC2 Piste cyclable d'Echternach you first cross the Kirchberg plateau, the european district of Luxembourg, characterised by its comtemporary architecture.
After the third tram stop « Parlement Européen » that you pass by, turn to the left in rue Erasme, and follow PC2.
It continues all the way to the German border on the national cycle path PC2 Piste cyclable d'Echternach, most of the time on either an ancient Roman road or the former narrow-gauge railroad track of the “Charly” line. After the downhill from Senningerberg, the variant PC2 “via village de Hostert” on the right is recommanded.
On its last section, from Echternach to the country's lowest point in Wasserbillig, the trip uses the PC3 Piste cyclable des Trois Rivières on a former railroad track and along the Sûre river course to Wasserbillig.
At the Moselle border, the station can be easily reached by an underpass, at 300 m from the ferry terminal. In this way the main road can be avoided.
This multi-faceted bike tour includes a taste of the typical Gutland landscapes, a part of Luxembourg's Little Switzerland (Mullerthal) and the Sûre river valley. A tourist's must: the city of Echternach, whose annual hopping procession is part of the UNESCO lntangible Cultural Heritage List.
Our practical advices for your cycling adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Bicycle tours are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Maps of the Luxembourg cycling network, that have been produced by ProVelo.lu, are available in CFL sales centers. Get one of them so you can always find the right way.
- Make sure your bike is in good condition and meets legal requirements before departure.
- Always wear a cycling helmet that fits your head and ensure that the neckband is resealed. Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Anticipative and cautious driving greatly reduces the risk of an accident.
Your train journeys
- Before boarding, check the timetable and stay tuned about works on the railway network and rail replacement services on cfl.lu and the CFL mobile app.
- Board the train at the intended location and put your bike in the provided space.
Find more information here or on provelo.lu.