CFL Tour I Luxembourg - Mersch - Ettelbruck
© Provelo – Bosseler
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
PC1 + PC15
You leave the station by the exit Pfaffenthal (rue St. Mathieu) and take to the right. Before the bridge, you follow the national cycle path PC1 Piste cyclable du Centre on the right side on its way to Beggen. At the nearby playground (park area) turn right, up to the street and take left, along the railroad, on PC1.
After nearly 2,5 km, at a parking, starts the PC15 Piste cyclable de l'Alzette, which you follow straight. Through the Alzette valley, passing Mersch, you will reach Ettelbruck, where the river flows into the “Sûre”.
The rather flat itinerary is suitable for almost all types of cyclists, also for children. As the tour runs parallel to the railway track to the north, there are many ways of cutting the trip short.
Our practical advices for your cycling adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Bicycle tours are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Maps of the Luxembourg cycling network, that have been produced by ProVelo.lu, are available in CFL sales centers. Get one of them so you can always find the right way.
- Make sure your bike is in good condition and meets legal requirements before departure.
- Always wear a cycling helmet that fits your head and ensure that the neckband is resealed. Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Anticipative and cautious driving greatly reduces the risk of an accident.
Your train journeys
- Before boarding, check the timetable and stay tuned about works on the railway network and rail replacement services on cfl.lu and the CFL mobile app.
- Board the train at the intended location and put your bike in the provided space.
Find more information here or on provelo.lu.