CFL Tour D Kautenbach - Wiltz - Bastogne - Wiltz
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
Information: If you get off the train on the opposite side of the station building, you get to the cycle path without taking the stairs, by using the parking exit.
This tour follows the Wiltz river upstream over its entire length on the national cycle path PC20 Piste cyclable de la Wiltz. The small river is formed close to Bastogne (B) by the confluence of the Boivre and Oster brooks. The first part of the tour through a narrow valley with rugged rocky slopes is rather demanding right up to Wiltz.
From Wiltz-Weidingen you cross Wiltz in direction of Ettelbruck on the main road during 2 km in urban traffic, to take to your right at the cemetery.
Shortly behind Wiltz, starts an easy ascent, climbing steadily to Bastogne. This part of the route follows the track of the former Wiltz-Bastogne railway (PC20, RAVel L164 after the Belgian border), crossing four lit up tunnels. Shortly before Bastogne it is possible to visit World War II Memorial, Mardasson. After 2 more kilometers, cyclists reach the former station of Bastogne-Sud, close to the city center.
The way back, starting from Bastogne-Sud, uses the same route, a Iight 19 km descent to Wiltz.
Our practical advices for your cycling adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Bicycle tours are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Maps of the Luxembourg cycling network, that have been produced by ProVelo.lu, are available in CFL sales centers. Get one of them so you can always find the right way.
- Make sure your bike is in good condition and meets legal requirements before departure.
- Always wear a cycling helmet that fits your head and ensure that the neckband is resealed. Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Anticipative and cautious driving greatly reduces the risk of an accident.
Your train journeys
- Before boarding, check the timetable and stay tuned about works on the railway network and rail replacement services on cfl.lu and the CFL mobile app.
- Board the train at the intended location and put your bike in the provided space.
Find more information here or on provelo.lu.