CFL Trail 8 Wiltz - Merkholtz- Kautenbach
© CFL Wiltz
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
This trail is a bit longer and more tedious than CFL trail 7. However, hikers are rewarded with marvellous views of the rugged Ardennes landscape. The hilly route crosses no fewer than four rivers.
Those who wish to finish the trail in Merkholtz can reach the bottom of the Wiltz valley by the road CR331A (without markings). The distance covered is then reduced to about 7.5 km. Merkholtz is not a railway station, but a train stop: to stop the train, please signal the train conductor.
It is also possible to extend this tour beyond Kautenbach to Goebelsmuhle by continuing via CFL trail 5 (6.5 km). Alternatively, hikers may may track back to Wiltz along CFL trail 8 (13.2 km) in the opposite direction.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.