CFL Trail 7 Wiltz - Nocher - Kautenbach
© CFL Wiltz - Char Sherman M4(75)
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
Hikers start by crossing Wiltz, capital of the Ardennes, which boasts many tourist attractions. After a climb with several slopes, hikers reach the village of Nocher at the highest point on this trail. This peak offers an impressive panoramic view of the Oeslinger Koppen (heights).
Those who wish to end their hike in Merkholtz follow an unmarked fork from the Millebierg downhill into the Wiltz valley. The distance travelled is reduced to about 9.6 km. Merkholtz is not a railway station, but a train stop: to stop the train, please signal the train conductor.
It is also possible to extend this trail beyond Kautenbach to Goebelsmuhle by continuing via CFL trail 5 (6.5 km). Alternatively, hikers may track back to Wiltz along CFL trail 8 (13.2 km) in the opposite direction.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.