CFL Trail 43 Manternach - Wasserbillig
© CFL Wasserbillig
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
This highly recommended trail leads through the lower Syre valley down to the river’s mouth, then along the Moselle towards the country’s lowest point in Wasserbillig. The first part of the trail reveals impressive wooded areas and rock formations as part of the Saar-Hunsrück Premiumpfad Traumschleife Manternacher Fiels trail and the Pierre Moes educational path. Various panels provide valuable information about nature along the way. The last part of the trail leads down to the Moselle, crosses Mertert and follows the riverbank to Wasserbillig station.
The steep climbs at certain points on this trail are quite challenging. Sensible footwear is recommended.
It is possible to end this trail after around 8 km at Mertert station (signposted path CFL 43a).
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.