CFL Trail 41 Munsbach - Manternach
© CFL Manternach
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
Running in between the Syre and Moselle rivers, this long hike passes through wide open spaces and large forests. It offers many amazing panoramic views, showing the many facets of the country’s eastern landscapes.
At the start, the route takes hikers to the edge of the Moselle valley, offering up views of the small villages of Uebersyren, Beyren, Kapenacker and Oberdonven. The trail then runs close by Machtum, descends through the vineyards towards the Moselle river and leads to the historic city of Grevenmacher.
Hikers continue uphill to the Groësteen megalith before the hike comes to an end at Manternach station.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.