CFL Trail 4 Drauffelt - Kautenbach
© CFL Kautenbach
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
Escapardenne Eislek Trail
This sporty hike has four ascents and it mainly follows the route of the ESCAPARDENNE ÉISLEK TRAIL, a 106-km, cross-border Ardennes trail ranking among the Leading Quality Trails – Best of Europe. The trail runs alongside the banks of the Clerve river, through several picturesque historic villages.
In the vast oak coppice forests (“Louhecken”) in the municipality of Kiischpelt, the bark (Lou) of the trees was once collected to extract tannin used in leather manufacturing. Above Kautenbach, the railroad passes through a tunnel which was originally planned for a Meuse-Moselle canal.
Hikers who would like shorten the trail are welcome to finish at Wilwerwiltz station (6.2 km). On the other hand, there are possibilities to extend this hike beyond Kautenbach by following either CFL trail 5 to Goebelsmuhle (6.5 km) or CFL trails 7 or 8 leading on to Wiltz (12.5 km and 13.2 km).
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.