CFL Trail 18 Walferdange - Dommeldange
© CFL Walferdange Reserve Naturelle Sonnebierg
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
The trail leaves the residential areas of Walferdange behind by a short climb to the wooded heights of the Alzette valley. This is where the itinerary joins with the Sentier de l’Alzette, a national rambling route.
This hike turns into an easy stroll in a beautiful green environment in sight of the villages located north of Luxembourg City. After a descent of more or less 1 km, the trail reaches the first houses of Dommeldange and the local railway station.
This short trip can be combined easily with CFL trail 19 on to Luxembourg city station, taking the total distance to 10 km.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.