CFL Trail 15 Mersch - Mamer
© CFL Mersch
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
This is an idyllic hiking trail through the shadowy valley of the Mamer river, within a superb green landscape.
Away from the road traffic, the trail runs along the Mamer river which flows into the Alzette at Mersch. In ancient times, there were a lot of water mills on the Mamer river. Some of them are still well preserved and can still be seen nowadays. En route, hikers will notice amazing rock formations and can have a look inside caverns.
Hikers wishing to cut the trail short can walk to Dommeldange station via CFL trail 15a (8.8 km) around 1 km beyond Kopstal. See map 15a.
Our practical advices for walking adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Hiking trails are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Make sure you have provisions in your backpack (bottle of water, snack...).
- Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Hiking shoes make the journey easier and prevent sore feet.
- Anticipatory and cautious walking greatly reduces the risk of an accident.