CFL Tour G Ettelbruck - Echternach - Wasserbillig
© Provelo – Bosseler
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
PC3 + PC16
This marvelous route leads through the green Sûre valley, all along the river to its mouth at the country's lowest point in Wasserbillig, 70 m below the departure point at Ettelbruck station.
Leave the station in direction of the blue railway bridge and cross it. Take the PC16 Piste cyclable de la Sûre Moyenne and, from Reisdorf following the German-Luxembourgish border, the PC3 Piste cyclable des Trois Rivières to Wasserbillig.
At the edge of the Moselle, the station can easily be reached by an underground passage, at 300 m from the ferry terminal and avoiding the main road.
A visit of Echternach with its numerous points of interest is definitely a highlight. Echternach's yearly hopping procession (Whit Tuesday) is part of the UNESCO lntangible Cultural Heritage List.
Our practical advices for your cycling adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Bicycle tours are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Maps of the Luxembourg cycling network, that have been produced by ProVelo.lu, are available in CFL sales centers. Get one of them so you can always find the right way.
- Make sure your bike is in good condition and meets legal requirements before departure.
- Always wear a cycling helmet that fits your head and ensure that the neckband is resealed. Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Anticipative and cautious driving greatly reduces the risk of an accident.
Your train journeys
- Before boarding, check the timetable and stay tuned about works on the railway network and rail replacement services on cfl.lu and the CFL mobile app.
- Board the train at the intended location and put your bike in the provided space.
Find more information here or on provelo.lu.