CFL Tour F Ettelbruck - Reisdorf - Wilwerwiltz
© Provelo – Bosseler
|STATION OF DEPARTURE
|STATION OF ARRIVAL
PC3 + PC16 + PC22 + PC23
Leave the station in direction of the blue railway bridge and cross it. Via PC16 Piste cyclable de la Sûre Moyenne, cyclists leave the urban areas around Ettelbruck and Diekirch. The route follows the “Sûre” river, whose course becomes more natural, all the way to the German border.
From Reisdorf, cyclists follow, partly with motorized traffic, the PC3 Piste cyclable des Trois Rivières up to Bettel. A round trip from Bettel to Vianden (+6 km), with its magnificent castle, is certainly worthwhile.
From Bettel the trip continues via the PC23 Piste cyclable Benny to Fouhren.
Here the PC22 Piste cyclable des Ardennes takes the lead. The strongly ascending 4 km from Fouhren to the viewpoint at the water reservoir of the pump storage plant on top of the Mont St. Nicolas is not yet signposted, but well indicated on the map.
In direction of Wahlhausen the PC22 will lead cyclists into the abundant Ösling nature. On its way to Wilwerwiltz, the PC22 partly runs on quiet country roads.
This is a tour for trained cyclists, who get rewarded by outstanding panoramic views.
Our practical advices for your cycling adventuresPlan like a pro
- Download the GPX file, which is available at the top of the page and integrate it into the navigation application of your choice.
- Bicycle tours are also available on geoportail.lu.
- Maps of the Luxembourg cycling network, that have been produced by ProVelo.lu, are available in CFL sales centers. Get one of them so you can always find the right way.
- Make sure your bike is in good condition and meets legal requirements before departure.
- Always wear a cycling helmet that fits your head and ensure that the neckband is resealed. Brightly coloured clothes make you more visible.
- Anticipative and cautious driving greatly reduces the risk of an accident.
Your train journeys
- Before boarding, check the timetable and stay tuned about works on the railway network and rail replacement services on cfl.lu and the CFL mobile app.
- Board the train at the intended location and put your bike in the provided space.
Find more information here or on provelo.lu.