Organising group travel

Are you organising an excursion with a group and are you planning to travel by train or bus? Here is some advice about reservations, travel, etc.


For train travel

During rush hours (before 9.00 and after 16.00), we recommend that you submit a group travel request for groups of over 10 people.

Outside rush hours (so between 9.00 and 16.00), you don't need to submit a travel request.

It's possible to reserve seats in some trains.

For RGTR bus travel

We recommend that you submit a group travel request for groups of over 10 people. We also advise avoiding rush hours.

It's not possible to reserve seats.

If you will be taking AVL (Luxembourg City) or TICE (Esch-sur-Alzette) bus lines, contact the relevant companies directly (, tel.: 4796 2975, , tel.: 57 42 32).

Your travel request

You can submit your travel request online. Your request will be sent to the relevant departments automatically. We will inform you about the status of your request via email as soon as possible.

We must receive requests at least 3 workdays (Monday to Friday) before your departure date.

In order to manage capacity on public transport, providers reserve the right to refuse groups on some trains or buses.

Please ensure that you allow enough time between your respective connections. In order to ensure that rail and road transport runs smoothly, we can't always guarantee connections.

Your ticket

You can buy your tickets from the usual points of sale including stations, ticket vending machines, the Centrale de Mobilité (Mobility Centre) or from our CFL App.

Adults over 20 years old, must have a valid ticket. Take advantage of our "Gruppenbilljee" (group ticket). Find further information here.

Children and young people

Children and young people under the age of 20 travel free of charge and without a ticket. Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by a person aged 12 or over.

Young people must present a document for proof of age when controled.

Do you have any questions?

Don't hesitate to contact us with this form