The project aims to completely renew several track sections of the railway line from Luxembourg to Troisvierges, the so-called Ligne du Nord.
The works constitute a renewal of the track and platform without modification to the configuration of the existing railway line.
The project seeks to renew and modernise the railway track, including the execution of civil engineering works to improve the railway platform and the drainage systems.
The next 10 years, the following works are planned:
- renewal of a total track length of +/- 47 km;
- implementation of concrete railway sleepers;
- consistent fitting of UIC60 rails;
- laying natural stone ballast;
- improvement of the stability of the railway platform;
- drainage works.